火薬の匂い The Smell of Gunpowder
「あいつは火薬の匂いがする」
そう言われたことがある。
たぶん、
普通の道を歩いている人には、
わからない匂いなんだと思う。
何度も転んで、
何度も壊れて、
それでも立ち上がってきた人間には、
身体のどこかに、
火薬みたいなものが残っている。
どれだけ地獄を見たか。
それが、
その人間の武器になる。
苦しかったことも、
失ったことも、
どうしようもなかったことも、
全部、
無駄じゃない。
むしろ、
それがあったから、
描けるものがある。
きれいな人生じゃなくていい。
傷があっていい。
その傷の奥に、
火薬がある。
いつか、
それに火がつく。
その瞬間が、
言葉になり、絵になる。
生きてきたもの全部が、
一気に外へ出ていく。
火がつく。
芸術は爆発だ。
“The Smell of Gunpowder”
“There’s something about that guy.
He smells like gunpowder.”
I’ve been told that before.
Maybe,
it’s a smell
that people walking the ordinary road
can’t understand.
A person who has fallen
again and again,
been broken
again and again,
and still kept getting back up—
somewhere inside that body,
something like gunpowder remains.
How much hell
have you seen?
That
becomes your weapon.
The things that hurt.
The things you lost.
The things you couldn’t do anything about.
None of it
was meaningless.
If anything,
because all of that happened,
there are things
I can paint.
My life doesn’t have to be beautiful.
It’s okay
to have scars.
Deep inside those scars,
there is gunpowder.
Someday,
it will catch fire.
And that moment
becomes words.
It becomes a painting.
Everything I have lived through
bursts out
all at once.
The fire catches.
Art is an explosion.