ふるい The Sieve

 そもそも、

世界に何十億人いようと、


自分の人生を背負えるのは、

自分しかいない。


誰かが代わりに

背負ってくれるわけじゃない。


だから、

自分の中にあるものを、

自分で選んでいくしかない。


悪いことは、

いつまでも抱えていないで、

少しずつ忘れていく。


そして、

小さくてもいいから、

良かったことを見つける。


嬉しかったこと。

楽しかったこと。

誰かの言葉。

今日、少しだけ笑えたこと。


そういうものを、

ひとつひとつ拾っていく。


人生には、

良いことも悪いことも

たくさん起こる。


全部を抱えていたら、

重すぎる。


だから、

ふるいにかけるんだ。


残したいものを残して、

いらないものは、

少しずつ落としていく。


そのふるいにかける作業を、

頑張ると言うんだ。


人生を良くするというのは、

何か大きなことを

成し遂げることじゃない。


今日一日、

何を残して、

何を手放すか。


それを自分で、

選ぶことなのかもしれない。


オレには絵がある。





“The Sieve”


After all,

no matter how many billions of people

there are in this world,


I am the only one

who can carry my own life.


No one else

can carry it for me.


So,

I have no choice

but to choose for myself

what I keep inside me.


I try not to hold on

to the bad things forever,

and slowly let them go.


And then,

even if they are small,

I look for the things

that were good.


Something that made me happy.

Something I enjoyed.

Someone’s words.

The little moment

when I smiled today.


I pick up

those little things,

one by one.


In life,

so many good things

and bad things happen.


If I tried to carry

all of them,

it would be too heavy.


So,

I put them through a sieve.


I keep what I want to keep,

and slowly let go

of what I don’t need.


That act of sifting

is what I call

doing my best.


Making life better

doesn’t mean

accomplishing something great.


It might simply mean

choosing for myself,


day by day,


what to keep

and what to let go.


But I have my paintings.


人気の投稿